See the Teaming Chapter for more instructions, hints, tips, and ideas.
The object is to design and build a raft out of aluminum foil that will hold the most number of "people" without sinking or loosing any "people."
- 5 gallon or other large bucket filled with water
- Square of aluminum foil for each team
- Large number of "people" - washers, marbles, ...
- Each team is given only one square of aluminum foil. If it tears, they still have to use it.
- Give the teams 5 minutes to design, build, and test their raft.
- Collect all the rafts at the end to this time.
- Test the rafts one at a time.
- One team member is selected to place the "people" in their raft.
- The team counts the "people" as they are added.
- Keep adding "people" until the raft sinks or a "person" falls out of the raft.
- The raft that holds the most "people" wins.
Copyright © 2005 Vincent Hale