||Coil of Rope
2 feet Rope
2" tube of 1/2" PVC
Candle and Match or Waxed Thread
See the String Chapter for more instructions, hints, tips, and ideas.
This looks best if you use a braided rope because it gives it a more interesting pattern.
- Fix one end of the rope so it doesn't fray. Do this by either whipping with waxed thread or fusing with a candle flame.
- Put hot glue around the PVC near the top of the ring. Quickly attach the rope.
- Wind the remainder of the rope around the PVC until it covers the entire piece of PVC. Keep the wraps close so none of the PVC shows.
- Cut the rope to length and fix the end so it doesn't fray.
- Unwind the last wind of rope keeping the remainder of the rope tight. Put hot glue around the bottom of the PVC and quickly put the rope back in place.
Copyright © 2003 Vincent Hale