15 Giant Pretzel sticks
6 oz white chocolate
Yellow food coloring
Red food coloring
See the Activities section for more instructions, hints and tips.
The pretzel sticks are about 3" long and 3/8" in diameter.
These make a great snack for Halloween or for a wood carving meeting.
- Melt the white chocolate in the pan over low heat. Stir frequently to prevent it from burning.
- Add a drop of yellow food coloring and two drops of red to make a flesh color. You can use other colors for different shades.
- Let the chocolate cool for a little while or it will be too runny and thin. When the chocolate has cooled enough that it won't run off the pretzel too much it is ready for the next step.
- Hold the pretzel stick by one end and dip 3/4 of it in the chocolate. Lay it on the wax paper.
- Add an almond sliver for the finger nail.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool. The chocolate should be firm enough that you can handle it without getting it all over your fingers.
- Add more red food coloring until it is red enough for you. You may need to warm up the chocolate just a little.
- Dip the other end of the pretzel in the red chocolate.
- Lay on the wax paper until the chocolate has hardened. You can place it in the refrigerator if desired.
Copyright © 2011 Vincent Hale