See the Teaming Games section for more instructions, hints and tips.
The purpose is to keep a balloon in the air for 30 seconds
- Watch with second hand or a stop watch
- Players form a circle and interlock their arms at the elbows. Their hands should be pointed back towards or touching their body.
- Players arms must stay interlocked at all times.
- Players may hit the balloon only with their head or interlocked elbows.
- Players may use their head, interlocked arms, knees, or feet.
- Players may only hit with their head (not anything below their neck).
- Players may only hit with their interlocked arms (not head, feet, ...).
- Use two or more balloons.
- Use different size balloons (blown up to different sizes). The smaller will sink faster and require faster reaction.
Arms are best because at least two people have to cooperate to accomplish a hit.
Using the head means that the circle has to accommodate more distortion to allow an individual to get into position to make a play.
The knees and feet are less effective for team building because of the greater reach a person has with his legs. The circle isn't as involved and only one person is involved in a hit.
Copyright © 2008 Vincent Hale