3 1/2" x 2 1/4" foam
1 1/2" x 2" white foam
2 wobble eyes
See the Chenille section for more instructions, hints and tips.
- Fold the foam (book's cover) in half, open it slightly and draw a line down the crease.
- Open up the foam; put a line of hot glue on the line you just drew. Then insert the white foam and close the foam cover. Align the edges of the cover. Place a drop of hot glue on the front and back of the white foam pages to secure the cover to the pages.
- You can draw a picture on the front of the book cover with a permanent marker. Give your book a title if you want.
- Make a hole through the middle of your book with the hole punch.
- Wrap the chenille in a spiral around the pencil to make the worm. Keep the loops close together. Make the end of the chenille (worm's head) in the shape of an "e".
- Stick the back end of the chenille through the hole in the book.
- Use a drop of hot glue in the hole in the back cover to hold the chenille in place.
- Bend the worm into an attractive curve to give it some character. Adjust it so the "e" of the worm's head is upright.
- Glue the wobble eyes to the horizontal part of the "e" of the worm's head with hot glue.
- Cut out a small mouth from the pink felt and hot glue it in place.
- Hot glue a PVC ring to the back of the book.
Copyright © 2009 Vincent Hale